Best Fellowships for Pharm.D (Doctor of Pharmacy) in India.
PharmD Fellowship or Residency are one of the golden opportunities for the Indian Pharm.D graduates to specialize themselves and gain a thorough knowledge of specialized departments. PharmD fellowships are super speciality programs for Pharm.D graduates.
The Residency/Fellowship in Clinical Pharmacy is a structured, directed, salaried postgraduate training program that typically lasts one or two years. This program focuses mainly on the development of competency skills and the application of drug therapy knowledge in providing a broad scope of pharmaceutical services to patients. The program expertise the Pharm D graduates in specialized areas like Oncology, Nephrology, Critical Care Pharmacy, etc.,
Kindly view the official websites of the hospital for more related and updated details related to the PharmD fellowships program in various specialities.
The briefs of the fellowships and offering institutions are given below.
- Tata Memorial Cancer Hospital, Navi Mumbai
- JSS Academy of Higher Education and Research, Mysuru
- Sri Shankara Cancer Hospital and Research Centre, Bengaluru
- HCG Cancer Hospital, Bangalore
- Bhagwan Mahaveer Medica Hospital, Ranchi
- Parul University, Vadodara
1. Tata Memorial Cancer Hospital, Navi Mumbai
It is one of the premier institutes in the country that offers the PharmD fellowship program in oncotherapeutics with one year’s duration, and there is only one seat available in the institute where the eligibility is Pharm.D or MD in Pharmacology. PharmD graduates will be paid 53,000 per month, and MD Pharmacology graduates will be provided with a 65,000 per month stipend during the study.
- Fellowship in Oncotherapeutics.
However, the oncotherapeutics fellowship program is offered every alternate year.
A stipend of 53,000 per month is paid to Pharm.D graduates.
Number of seats (Oncotherapeutics): 01
2. JSS Academy Of Higher Education and Research
JSS Provides a two-year Residency program after Pharm D in Clinical Pharmacy Oncology and Clinical Pharmacy Nephrology.
The main aim of this Residency program is:
- To advance knowledge and develop skills and competencies to practice efficiently after pharmacy graduation
- To provide training to Pharmacy graduates on speciality pharmacy practice
- To be competent in managing daily clinical pharmacy services in an oncology care setting.
- Residency in Clinical Pharmacy (Oncology)
- Residency in Clinical Pharmacy (Nephrology)
The duration of the course is 2 years which is divided into :
1. First-year: training and exposure in clinical pharmacy practice in the diverse patient population
2. Second-year: speciality training and exposure in clinical pharmacy practice in oncology
Link for Regulations and Syllabus for the Residency program at JSS University, Mysore
- Pharm D degree with a minimum aggregate of 60 percent is eligible for the residency program
- The applicant should be a registered pharmacist
Click here to visit the official website of JSSAHER for more updates related to the Residency program.
A stipend of 15,000 per month is provided for the resident for 2 years.
Number of seats (Oncology residency ): 40
Number of seats (Nephrology residency ): 40
3. Sri Shankara Cancer Hospital and Research Center
Sri Shankara Cancer Hospital and Research Center offer a fellowship in Onco Pharmacy for Pharm D graduates, which is of 18 months duration affiliated with RGUHS.
- Fellowship in Onco Pharmacy
Number of Seats (Onco Pharmacy): 02
Stipend: Will be shared after Selection according to the authority.
Click here to visit official website of Sri Shankara Cancer Hospital and Research Center to know more about PharmD fellowship.
4. HCG Cancer Hospital.
Eligibility for the Program: A candidate who has completed a Pharm.D degree with minimum aggregate marks of 60% (aggregate of 5 years) from any Pharmacy College Approved by Pharmacy Council of India, New Delhi, and affiliated to a recognized university.
- Fellowship in Oncology Pharmacy
HCG offers a 2 year fellowship program in oncotherapy where the first year includes a classroom study along with the hospital visits. In contrast, a second year is entirely dedicated to hospital work or internship, where the student will put forward his gained knowledge into practical aspects.
Fellowship: Affiliated to RGUHS, Bangalore
Number of Seats (Oncology Pharmacy): 04
5. Bhagwan Mahavir Medica SuperSpeciality Hospital
Bhagwan Mahavir Medica Superspecialty Hospital is a 300-bed multispecialty hospital managed by Medica Hospitals Pvt Ltd. The purpose of the FCCP program is to equip the critical care pharmacotherapy specialist with advanced knowledge and experience to optimize patient outcomes by Rapidly assessing clinical data and delivering direct patient care to the critically ill and injured patients who may require specialized pharmacologic or technological interventions to maintain blood pressure, respiration, nutrition, and other homeostatic functions, in addition to helping to manage the patient’s primary condition.
- Fellowship in Critical Care Pharmacotherapy (FCCP)
Number of Seats (Critical Care Pharmacotherapy ): 02
Click here to visit the official site of Bhagwan Mahavir Medica Superspeciality Hospital for more details and updates regarding the fellowship program.
6. Parul University
PharmD Residency Program in Critical Care Pharmacotherapy is proposed by Faculty of Pharmacy, Parul University and is commencing from 2022-23 academic year.
Course Duration: 2 Years
- Residency in Critical Care Pharmacotherapy
Number of Seats (Critical Care Pharmacotherapy ): 03
Eligiblity: PharmD Graduates with Good Research Background
Stipend: First Year – 10000 Rs / Month From Second Year – 15,000 Rupees/Month
Fees: 3 Lakh Per Year
Interested candidates can send your resume to email@example.com
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT
Dr. Priyanshi R. Shah
Program Coordinator and Assistant Professor,
Department of Pharmacy Practice, Parul Sevashram Hospital,
Faculty of Pharmacy, Parul University.
Vadodara, Gujarat- 391760
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Number: +91 9328319196